Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh, to be 4 years old again

I just finished my full work week. I must say that I miss being a kid. There were no worries, no concerns -- just happy times and fun games. Work wasn't that bad. It could have been better but you have to do what you have to do in order to pay back thems bills.

As mentioned in the previous post, I started baking because my niece turned 4 this past July. Since she goes to day care, she needed 2 sets of cupcakes. Everyone was working hard and being as I was still unemployed I volunteered to make them. I bought the most amazing book to get some ideas:

 I told the little princess that she could pick out any cupcake she wanted. She decided that the dog cupcakes were the best choice so we had a dog themed party. The first batch were for daycare. I didn't realize how long it would take but I spent all day and most of the night baking/decorating. This is what some of the first PupCakes looked like.
<--Some came out pretty decent.




  



   
Others needed some work-->

These were some of the first batch. I made 25 of them but just dalmatians and chocolate labs. Later for the party, I tried other breeds.

 
However, my all time favorite has to be (drum roll please)
      Conner

The resemblance is uncanny.















I also made a few mini cupcakes that said "Happy Birthday Angelina"

The Pupcakes were quite easy to make. Just put the marshmallows in place and just make sure you smooth out the frosting on it (that's what I didn't do with the first batch). The tongues were made out of pink now and later candies and red cherry flavored tootsie rolls. Then just decorate accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment